Friday, March 16, 2012

First Post! Getting Ready for St. Patties Day!

So this is my first post and I'm just going to jump into it lol. I have 3 kiddos 1 boy (age 5) and 2 girls (ages 4 and 17months) so of course I love to run with their imaginations especially around holidays, and when my 4 yr old told me she wanted to trap a Leprechaun I just knew i had to make it real for them! We have never celebrated St. patrick's day before other than the typical wear green but this year we are! So far we built a Leprechaun trap

Here is our finished product wish i would have taken step by step pics but it was simple old box covered in tissue paper and the rest is construction paper

and here is my 4 yr old plotting with her trap!(she also plans to catch bigfoot too)

we had to put a trap door and they plan on putting "gold coins" to make him go on the trap! We also made green cupcakes with festive topping of course and i just used white boxed cake mix (I'm not going all martha stewart on you in this post my local store had it on sale for .58 cents so couldnt pass it up i just added green food coloring to the batter and then to the frosting ..

they dont look green (maybe the flash) but they are green

and the frosting

my kitchen taste tester/helper

 and the finished product we topped them with green sugar sprinkles and a few with Lucky Charms!

I have several more tricks up my sleeve to make it look like we had a little Leprechaun visitor while they were sleeping so stay tuned for the next post!

-Sarah

No comments: